Tips from MD Marine Insurance a smart start to your boating season.
How to clean your boat cover:
- Brush off any loose dirt or debris.
- Hose down the boat cover.Â The water temperature should be cool to lukewarm.
- Prepare a cleaning solution of lukewarm water and a mild soap like Dreft, Woolite, Ivory Snow or hand soap.Â Never use detergents.
- With a soft bristle brush or sponge, clean the boat cover with the prepared solution using a circular motion to remove any spots or stains.
- Let the cleaning solution set for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse the boat cover thoroughly to remove all soap residue.
- Air dry the boat cover.Â (If you are storing your boat cover until the Fall, make sure the cover is completely dry before folding and storing.)
Make sure to follow these tips from MD Marine Insurance for a safe and smart boating experience. For information about insuring your boat, go to http://www.marine3.ca/ and ask for a boat insurance quote today!